Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My babies

No, I don't have children that I've been hiding from y'all, but I do have beautiful, wonderful great-nephews and a great-niece that I miss horribly and that I don't get to see nearly often enough. Weird Old Great-Aunt Sus wishes she could spoil them more completely.

Three of them were featured on the front page of their hometown newspaper manning their lemonade stand that they set up during the city-wide garage sale. Z (left), is the oldest and probably thought he was in charge; A1 (middle), as you can see from his expression, was not happy about having his picture taken; and A2 (right), I'm sure, actually was in charge. A2 is a princess extraordinaire. Baby G was too little to participate this year. If he's at all like either of his grandpas, next year he'll be running the place.



The kicker? My sister said they made $12 from their lemonade. From her garage sale? Sis made $8. LOL!

So these are my "grandbabies", and they're perfect. Of course, "perfect" factors in that Z and A1 recently had all their toys taken away because they dismantled part of their "kid proof" swingset last week. But I live two states away and can look at it as a cute story. My niece probably thinks they are less "perfect".

Being a great-aunt rocks.

3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I had to laugh at the kids dismantling their "kid proof" swingset, and the subsequent punishment! We're always under "house arrest" of some kind around here, too. I bet they feel great about their earnings! I can't imagine having four kids, though..... Just my two can drive me bonkers sometimes.... Cute photo! They're famous!

Anonymous said...

Aw!! Just adorable! I can see why you miss the enterprising little cuties.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute! It's funny how their facial expressions look very business-like.