Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bargain therapy

The semester is off to a rip-roarin' start, but I don't have much to report. I went to Walgreens on Tuesday to get some bandages (my heel is still popping open and is going to be a bi7ch to heal up) and got caught in the throes of a back-to-campus sale! Retail therapy will surely help me wee wound, no?

Buy one, get one half price -- and regular price was only 9.99 to start with! They could be crap, or they could be just fine:


1.5 qt. crock pot and 3 cup rice cooker ($14.98 for both) in their new habitat.

My labmate, Lihui, said she had purchased one of these rice cookers several years ago and used it every day for two years. If I can get anything close to that much use from it, I'll be thrilled.

I just made rice in it for the first time this morning and everything seems just peachy! Yay, bargains!

That's all, back to work!

_____

3 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

There's not much that retail therapy will not cure. I'm going to engage in a bit of it on my lunch hour!

YarnThrower said...

Congrats on your bargains -- I'm interested in hearing if a crock pot really can take the place of stitches. I hope your heel heals, regardless.

Also, I hope you hit your groove with all of the changes in the new semester. I keep thinking things here will ease up, but I think it's going to be another two weeks until my kids and I get to some sort of "steady state"...

ollie1976 said...

Bargains are always good!
-Jen