Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Movin' right along

So, I didn't study very much over the long weekend, and I certainly didn't clean my apartment. What I did was sit on the roof during the day and enjoy all the sunshine I possibly could, and watch X-files DVDs in the evenings. Both activities were perfect for doing handwork.

Knitting ballbands frees my eyes up for more important uses, like looking at David Duchovny. I finished number four.


Days in the sun were perfect for completing the squares necessary for the next strip of the Crazy Quilt Coverlet:


Talking on the phone to Gator, my Sis, and Missa were perfect opportunities to complete the strip...


...and attach the strip to the rest of the afghan. That's the new one there on the right.


There's only one more strip, then the border. Thank Goodness. The border in the pattern is quite narrow and I've been thinking of beefing it up a bit. We'll see when we get there. I'll probably make it up as I go along.

Speaking of making things up as I go along, I got a wild hair. I had laid out my completed ballband cloths and realized that, really, they're just big ol' afghan squares. I'm completely addicted to making them, so perhaps I should make a stash-busting Ballband Afghan. I'm going to use the same color for the background of all the squares and mix up the 'ridges'. I'm still mulling around the joining technique, but I think I know exactly what I want to do -- if I can just get it to work (those sides are messy). I'm not ready to post any pics, but when they come, you will eventually get sick to death of them. Also, this may kill my ballband addiction. We'll see.

Teaching on my own for the first time this morning. Gots me some butterflies. I'm sure it will be fine. Wish me luck, though, anyway, K?

_____

4 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I don't think you need "luck", but I wish it for you, anyway. I know you'll be a great TA!! Anxious to see the ballband blanket. I'm surprised MasonDixon hasn't done that yet..... You'll have to share your idea with them :-)

Dorothy said...

I think you'll be fabulous today. Especially if you rode in on a tractor in a wonder woman costume. ;) It would be worth it to see the looks on the kids faces. They'd look forward to your arrival every day from then on.

Love the ballband afgan idea. A nice crochet edging and maybe crochet to attach them to each other. It would be great and the most squishy blanket ever.

DawnK said...

I'm totally addicted to ballbands! LOL! I love yours! They probably would make a cool afghan! I love the wildness of the afghan you are making!

After a few dropped stitches and a few rows of knitting in the wrong direction, my sock is now 2-1/2 inches again! Maybe this time it will stay at that length and just get longer! The 2-1/2 inches fits over my foot and my heel! Woohoo! Of course, then I had to pick up a dropped stitch, too! Serves me right for trying it on! LOL! My next goal is go knit enough to get passed the frogged yarn, into fresh yarn! My daughter did 4 inches of ribbing on her socks, so that is my next goal, too! http://rainberryknits.blogspot.com to see her completed pair of socks. I, uh, got my yarn before she did! Of course, I have to work for a living and she's only 15, without a job. Maybe that's why? Oh yeah, I like knitting dishcloths, too!

Molly Bee said...

Those ballband clothes are so cool! I'm going to have to try that one of these days! Love the coverlet!!!!!