As I said last time, I got a new Christmas tree. This, of course, means that I need a new tree skirt. Obviously. So I've started one. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish. The base of my new tree is so nekkid.
Just over a week ago, I finally made it to my Local Yarn Store, Kro-Sha. Cute place, and on Wednesday nights they have open stitching. I may have to work that into my schedule. While there I got some aran wool so I could make a warmer scarf for myself and try a more intricate cable pattern. So far it's pretty fun and looks pretty decent.
So I guess the UFOs will have to wait. Again.
Now to update you on the cool stuff around the 'nets! I know you've just been dying for this stuff!!
- Last week, Missa (who desperately needs update her freakin' blog) made me a coolio bday present. It rocks my face off!!! Hope you don't get sued, baby!!
- Now, we all know I love the Denver Broncos. Well, now I love the Boise State Broncos, too. Or, at least, I love their star running back Ian Johnson! You see, our boy crochets! What a doll! I highly recommend this ESPN story about him. I just read that he was injured in a game a couple of weeks ago and has been hospitalized for a collapsed lung. Get well soon, Ian!
- For some people, this is probably blasphemous. Well, it is to me, too, but for entirely different reasons. Dude. You're giving the Farmboy waaaay too much credit. Doesn't keep it from being my new wallpaper, though.
- In a similar vein, think I should knit this?
- Still same vein -- Kevin Smith hosted a Dinner For Five. Watch part 1, part 2, and part 3. Awesome.
- I know that this is pretty old by now and those of you will TV's may find it to be old hat. But I thought it was quite the tirade. Agree or not, I haven't seen an editorial with this level of passion and eloquence for a long time.
Don't you feel so much closer to me now? Heh. Yeah. It's been nice knowin' you. ;)
Love the tirade! Canadians have been calling George Bush a moron for a very long time, in fact one of our female members of the House of Commons (equivalent to your Senators) had to publicly apologize for calling him a moron. She got fired when she apologized to him because he was a moron.
If there is any justice in the world you will knit that leia hat and wear it proudly!
Nice looking scarf!
As you can see, somewhere along the line I decided that "finish all UFOs before starting anything new" actually meant "start a bunch of new crap and ignore the UFOs".
I'm SOOOO glad I'm not the only one.
Definitely knit the Leia hat.
Scuzzy, this has been enlightening. Thanks for these links. And yes, make the Leia hat.
Post a Comment