But I have taken the time to surf while waiting for timers to go off, etc. and I present you with more innernets fun!
- Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Iron Maiden -- Heavy metal history class. Hilarious.
- Finally! The terrible void in representational jewelry has been filled (Ha! Pun!) by a company called Luna Parc. Yes, kids, you too can now own lovingly crafted enema bag pins and earrings! Life is now complete.
- Who knew that the most painful thing from the eighties was a Microsoft promo video?? This is the most freakish thing I've ever seen. It's 12 minutes long, and the first 5 minutes or so are boring, but then, according to the metadata, "the production is taken over by crack-smoking monkeys."
- You know those annoying porcelain figurines of French ladies in powdered wigs and huge gowns looking coquettish? An artist named Shary Boyle has a fabulous new take on them. I'm not sure how they would look on my end table, but I love the concept.
- I'm a big fan of the folks over at Make: magazine. Now they're delving into my end of the pool and I think it's hilarious. How to isolate amniotic stem cells from a placenta -- the home version. I read the protocol -- it's real. Now everyone can do it!
Now it's back to work. I hope this Western works. Cross you fingers for me, would you?
Okay, that stem cells thing...freaky. Ick ick ick.
But I love the matter-of-fact way it's presented in the same voice as "how to make a cheesecake." The world is a freaky, freaky place.
You find some bizzarro stuff, sweetie. Good luck with the Western blot!
Post a Comment