Saturday, August 07, 2010

Reason I love the interwebs #239

None of this is brand new news. I'm just now getting around to posting it.

You may recall that, some months ago, I designed a crocheted snowflake. Before I posted the pattern, my dear blog buddy Judy beta tested it. In thanks, I whipped up a small, pretty, useful knitted gift -- the Soap Sweater. It's soap, encased in a wool sweater that will felt as it's used and I think they're darling.

Soap Sweater by Cynthia Hall
(cable pattern from Very Cably Mittens)
Patons Classic Wool

I sent it off to her, it was well received, and everything was lovely.

And then, maybe as a thank-you for the thank-you gift, or maybe because I'd complimented others she had made (okay, maybe I'd done that about 27 times, but it wasn't a hint, I swear), or maybe just because she is awesome, I was gifted with the wonderfulness that is...

...wait for it...

...the incredible lavender chicken potholder!!!!!!!!!


Isn't it glorious? Doesn't it scream, "my kitchen is a delightful place to be!!"? I've had it for awhile now and I still get giddy every time I see it. Yay! Thank you again, Judy; I lurve him! I am thinking of naming him Ramon.

And that is why I love the 'net. It's where my friends live. :)

_____

4 comments:

Becky G said...

I know what you mean. All my friends live in the computer, too. LOVE the potholder! It is too cute.

YarnThrower said...

Very cute potholder! It made me smile, too, and I'm not even seeing it in person!

Also, thank you for the plug for Cynthia :-)

jmk said...

Eee heee heee heee heeeee! Ramon! You're my kind of crazy. :-)

DawnK said...

I love the soap sweater and the lavender chicken hotpad. Makes me wish I knew how to crochet better than I do!