Sunday, February 11, 2007

Apparently well rested

Hello, again! My presentation on Friday went fairly well. Once I got home that afternoon, I laid down for a nap and woke up 12 hours later. One of these days I'll learn that I'm too old to pull all-nighters. Ah well.

I did take a sky picture yesterday even though I didn't get around to posting it. I call it Sky with contrails. It was such a vast blue expanse that this was the only thing that would keep the picture from just being a big blue square. That, and a wee bit o' courthouse.



Other than snowflakes, I haven't shown any project progress for awhile, but I assure you that slow advancement is being made on the Column of Leaves scarf:


I've been enjoying the pattern, but I haven't had a great deal of time to work on it.

New Friend Veronica and I went shopping so she could pick out yarn to make the Front Post Stripes Grocery Bag Holder and I had to pick up a couple of things for myself, of course. As you can see, I plan on getting back on the potholder bandwagon sometime soon. The brown and pink together remind me of a raspberry chocolate truffle -- yummm...


While at Michael's I also splurged on something pretty fun. My sister gave me an origami book for Christmas a couple of years ago and I hadn't ever gotten around to making anything out of it. Well, I bought some beautiful paper and decided to start simple:


Although I plan to try some of the more "extreme" things in the book, I can't help but imagine how lovely an entire flock of cranes made from different gorgeous papers would look hanging somewhere. I'm going to have to ponder it. Well, and probably buy more paper. I'm so in love with it.

I'm kind of tired, but now I'm afraid to ever take a nap again...

_____

No comments: