Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Exhibitionism

Yesterday, Lady Linoleum showed us her crafting places and bid us do the same. I decided I would show my stuff, even though I needed to clean first, but I didn't! I'll just let it all hang out. Although, now that I see the pictures, it's not very exciting... Oh well, here goes!

This is where most of my stash lives -- in plastic totes in my front closet which is ginormous (the closet, that is -- this picture doesn't even show half of it):

There's yarn in all those, really there is:


These bags are going to be turned into plastic yarn one of these days...

There's a little more stash in one of my clothes closets (there's mostly fabric in those totes):

My books (when they're put away) live on the bottom shelf of this bookcase in the living room:

The crafting chair with crafting end table and crafting floor:

Growing up, this was the chair that my dad always sat in and fell asleep in every night in front of the news or Johnny Carson. It used to be a really skanky green color. Now it's mine and it's warm and cozy (and no longer skanky green!) and makes a really familiar creak if it rocks and swivels at the same time. It's an awesome crafting chair. :)

Okay, I've shown you mine. Who will show me theirs?

_____

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I unloaded a whole bunch of my acrylic-like yarn stash recently by donating it for charity knitting.

I figure this has freed up a little more space accumulate more crafting stash...

Dorothy said...

That is quite a stash. Organized though. More so than mine. I like some of your shoes too.

I posted my knitting spot today without even knowing this was going around. Cool! Crazy Aunt Purl did this once too. She has a whole webpage set up with tons of knitting spots from all her readers. I don't know if the page is still active though.

YarnThrower said...

It's fun to see other people's work spaces. I'll have to follow suit on my blog in the next few days..... I have very fond memories of hearing my parents' laughter late at night while they were watching Johnny Carson. I see clips from his show every now and then, and I'm very sentimental about it. And, I didn't understand his humor when I was a kid, but now I think he was hilarious. I love the current color of your chair!

LadyLinoleum said...

I love that you're using your dad's chair. That's awesome!

Becky G said...

You have a skein of the exact same yarn as I do! In the second picture, the variegated yarn right on top. I have two of those in my yarn closet. Wow! More proof that great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

LOL crafting floor! I'm pea green with envy over your ginormous closet. I covent one. Aw! So sweet about the chair. There's some furniture of my parent's that I would love but alas, they live across the country. Dig your chair though.

Anonymous said...

Oops! covent = covet

Anonymous said...

Loved looking at your crafting place.Your dad's chair looks so comfy!!!